Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm having an issue with my HP Pavillion X360 where it'll go into tablet mode randomly but won't exit this mode. So what'll happen is my computer will no longer have keyboard or mouse function and I can't make it go back to being a regular notebook.  Additionally when in tablet mode my screen won't move from horizontal to vertical when I move my flip the tablet.  
It's a new copmputer and my first 2-in-1 so I would love some tips to fix this issue. 
Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@val8877

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome! I read your post on the HP Support Forums and see that you are having issues with your HP Envy Touch being stuck in Tablet Mode.  

If the Tablet Mode that you are stuck in is Microsoft Windows 10 related, here are some steps that may help you disable Tablet Mode and return to the Normal view:

• Click or tap the Start button
  • Launch the Settings app
  • Click or tap on "System"
  • In the left pane of the screen, scroll down to the bottom until you see "Tablet Mode"
  • Verify that the toggle is set to off. 

Also, this HP document should help: Switching Between Tablet Mode and Desktop Mode (Windows 10).

If the issue persists then please let me know the exact laptop model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Hope this helps. Let me know. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

I have tried the toggle and re-starting and POST and just about all suggested methods but my X2 will not come off of tablet mode. I can get to my folders through the bottom  task bar but cannot switch to desktop mode. Please help.

HP Recommended

My HP Envy 2-n-1 does this randomly, even with all the settings saying not to ever switch to Tablet mode.

Click on the “Start” button.  Then click on the “Settings” gear.  Go to “System.” Your computer should default to “Display,” if not, click “Display.” On the right side of the page scroll down to “Display orientation,” and in the drop down menu choose “Landscape.”  I hope this helps someone else. 

I’m not an expert.
HP Recommended

Hello, I have this same problem with the chromebook version (HP Chromebook x360) and can't find a way to lock it in desktop mode. The random switching is making the computer unusable. 

Thank you for your help!

HP Recommended

Same here, what the heck.....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.