Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 13-ag0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A lot of the default functions of the function keys are pretty useless, such as F1 to search edge with bing for "how to find help for windows 10", a search query I'm surprised is not filled with fake windows support scams. Another is the airplane mode on F12, I have pressed this accidentally more times than I have used it. It is unnecessary, even to those who frequently use it as in windows 10, it's just two clicks for a lesser-used function.

Is there any way to change these keys to be more functional or perhaps even disable certain ones rather than all of them?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@7A1T 

You need to look up SharpKeys on the Internet -- as with it, you can remap specific keys to other functions.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hey there,

Thank you for your reply, unfortunately this doesn't help me in this case as sharpkeys is only able to map one key to another or multiple. HP uses a combination of keys for their functions, so It would not allow me to disable it or change it. (windows help search is bound to Fn+LWin+F1)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.