Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0077wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was looking at the drivers for my laptop, and saw one for the Chicony IR Camera. My laptop's camera currently has the default Microsoft drivers and doesn't support Windows Hello, so I thought the driver would be useful. When I try to run the driver installer, it gets stopped because of my version of Windows. I am on Windows version 2004, while the driver is for 1903. Is there any way I can fix this?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@HenryPontzer

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community. 

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?
  • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?
  • Did you make any changes to the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
  • When was the last time it worked fine?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have updated fairly recently, although I don't believe that caused the problem. I have had this issue with other HP drivers before said update, because unfortunately HP has not provided drivers for my laptop for a Windows 10 version newer than 1903, which was released more than a year ago. I believe some of the drivers worked when I first got my laptop several months ago when it was still running Windows version 1903. 

HP Recommended

@HenryPontzer

I understand your concerns.

Please uninstall the camera drivers and reinstall the drivers and check.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp96001-96500/sp96298.exe

Also, please run the SFC scan. you can refer to this Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

The only driver for my camera I had installed is the default Windows camera driver. After uninstalling it, I still got the same error: my version of Windows is not supported. As for the SFC, it found no issues.

HP Recommended

@HenryPontzer 

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggets you perform the system reset.

Windows 10 has a reset feature that repairs your computer by reinstalling the operating system. This feature is recommended for recovery because it reinstalls Windows 10 while either preserving your personal data and customizations or removing all your personal data.

You have a choice of two methods to reset your computer.

• If Windows 10 loads correctly, see the section titled Perform a Windows 10 system reset in Windows in this document.

• If Windows 10 does not start correctly, see the section titled Perform a Windows 10 system reset through Windows Recovery Environment in this document.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.