Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 17-bs020cy

Install of the diagnostic tool fails.  When I attempt to install the .exe file, sp144583.exe - I get the black command screen for a short time with an error: ... swsetup... attempt to provision...  then does nothing. Downloaded tool 3 times; ran as administrator; turned off antivirus while trying to install the tool; ran sfc /scannow,  chkdsk  and various malware scans. I have never experienced an issue with an install, on this or any other of my many HP computers. Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Sorry - that was wrong PC.  This is the one with the problem:

lsr2022_0-1679107141137.png

HP Recommended

Primary problem:  My touchscreen stopped working a few days ago.  After days of research and troubleshooting, touchscreen worked after running the 3 DSIM's, but later, after another scannow, it stopped working again.  The inability to install a support tool is of less concern to me than losing my touchscreen.  (I have been able to access HP hardware troubleshooters and I have no problem installing other downloads.)  I can live without the touchscreen, but it is annoying and troublesome to be unable to fix it.  Thank you.

HP Recommended

I  have figured out that you can simply unzip the 
sp144583.exe package (with e. g. 7-zip)
to a folder, then double-click on the
47142b19c91b481a96d9a8915b38c645.appx file in the folder

and simply install the package 😁.

The same play with the HPSupportSolutionsFramework-12.19.48.1.exe if it's necessary 😎.

Both has worked on my HP  Notebook.

Greetings

Olaf 

HP Recommended

Many thanks, Olaf! Your detailed and informative reply is most appreciated.  However, the install fails before I get to that point...."When I attempt to install the .exe file, Sp144583.exe - I get the black command screen for a short time with an error: ... swsetup... attempt to provision...  then does nothing."   I may have reached the same tool via another route, but still have no touchscreen.  After days of research and countless efforts, the touchscreen function returned for a few hours, after one of my several runs of the DSIM tools.  However, after the next scannow, the touchscreen stopped functioning, so I am back to square one.  I am not a quitter, but may just choose to live without the touchscreen function, although I hope its absence is not an indication of other underlying problems.  Although this HP is not the newest model, it is almost pristine, as it has served only as a spare/backup, primarily used only for updates and short term general activity.  Just when I planned to begin using it more, the touchscreen fails. I have no problem installing other downloads - only the hardware tools diagnostic (Sp144583).  Many thanks, once again.  Take care.

HP Recommended

Hello Lsr2022,

the primary problem first 🙂

Step 1: Rightclick on the sp144583.exe and click on Show more options  if you are running Windows 11.

Step 1Step 1

Step 2: In the extended menu click on 7-Zip and then extract to "sp144583\" 

Step 2Step 2

Step 3: Change the path to the new folder. It should looks like the screenshot below. 

Step 3Step 3

Step 4: Doubleclick on the .appx-file and a window like the one below should open and you can install the app. 

Step 4Step 4

Your secondary problem sounds like a driver failure, so your should attempt to uninstall and reinstall the driver of your touchsreen with the respective driver package.

HP Recommended

And if you dont like my first way to install the package, here is the 2nd one:

Rightclick on the sp144583.exe and then click Properties

Step 1Step 1

Then enable the Unblock checkbox, click OK and install the sp144583.exe.

Step 2Step 2

Alternatively (3rd way) install the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows from the Microsoft Store App on your laptop 😉.

Greetings

Olaf

HP Recommended

Hello Olaf!  Many thanks for your tireless efforts to help me!  My touchscreen is working again (probably temporarily), having run the 3 DSIM's again.  I have and/or will try each of your suggestions, although I have yet to find the touchscreen driver, but will continue to try.  In the meantime,  I have had to put this challenge (and the problematic Windows 10 pc) on hold for now.  I did not want to wait any longer to thank you, however.  Thanks again and take care.

With kind regards,

Linda

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.