Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
17-ak460123110nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have 1TB hard drive with windows 10.I have TRIED so many times to install the latest version of windows 10.And it wont install.I did uninstall my anti virus.And still unable to get the latest version of windows 10 to install.So how can i get it installed?Its a new laptop.Not sure what else to do.I have the latest version of windows 10 on my other computer.But cant seem to get it installed on my laptop.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@HeartlessBoy19 

Unfortunately, the product number you provided is invalid -- and we need that information.

Also, WHY are you trying to force Win10 v20.04 onto a PC?  Does it have a really OLD version of Windows 10?

Win10 v20.04 had so many issues that MS BLOCKED it from the public for MONTHS and is only now releasing it.  Here is an MS thread describing the issues:  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-2004

For our help, you need to provide details of HOW you are attempting the installation and what errors you are encountering in the process.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I was doing that may 2004 update through windows update.Oh and i didnt know that.So thats why i wasnt able to install that May 2004 update.That explains everything.But i did install that update on my other computer.Not sure why i cant install it on my laptop.Here is the serial number of my laptop

HP Recommended

Ops i here is the product number 1KV46UA##ABA

HP Recommended

@HeartlessBoy19 

I looked through the specs of the model and nothing jumps out as incompatible.

According to Microsoft, if they offer you the v20.04 Update then there are no issues with the hardware in your PC and that update.  But then, the same company pushed that out and trashed so many PCs that they then blocked it for several months.

I have written a guide about updating to v20.04 and it mentions the need to do an image backup prior to the update so, if there are problems afterward, you have something to restore FROM.

So, read that and do the backup if you are determine to do the upgrade:  https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Knowledge-Base/Updating-your-laptop-to-Windows-10-v2004-May-...

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.