Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pavilion 15-ec2004nv
Microsoft Windows 11

On my new pavilion 15-ec2004nv gaming laptop the only web browser that works is microsoft edge.

Chrome, firefox and opera don t work. They don t even start.

I 've tried to uninstall and reinstall the programmes but nothing happens.

I 've read solutions in the internet but nothing works.

Only if I rename the chrome.exe or firefox.exe file the programmes launch....

Please could you help me resolve the issue. Is it a bug from HP?

Is any other programm or setting prevent those browsers from running?

Why only edge works?

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@gkapros 

Did you actually install them ? I know Microsoft is trying to block users to use other browsers only  MS Edge; but that may cause many storms therefore you still can use other browsers

https://www.theverge.com/2021/11/15/22782802/microsoft-block-edgedeflector-windows-11

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.