Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Help  I am trying to take a test to get a license with my state and I have to close this app to continue.. What do I do? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @LK2023 

hpsystemeventutilityhost is part of HP System Event Utility. It enables special function keys on supported notebook models to be programmed. For example, HP System Event Utility enables users to press the Fn+ESC keys to view system information.

Disable the app from starting with Windows

Step 1 Right-click on an empty area on the Taskbar and select Task Manager or press CTR + ALT + Del from your keyboard.

Step 2 When Task Manager comes up, click the Startup tab and look through the list of programs that are enabled to run during startup.

Then right-click System Event Utility and select Disable.

Step 3 Restart your computer immediately for the changes to take effect

Uninstall the application

Alternatively, you might click on Start -> Settings -> Apps -> Apps&Features

Find the "HP System Event utility" app from the list of installed software and then choose to Uninstall it.

Hope that helps.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.