Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop 15-ce0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Goodday to the one reading,

Recently I have encountered this issue that whenever I open the HP Omen Command Center application it plays the introduction sound of the "Game Stream" function even though I am logged in and it normally does not play at startup.

I believe this is due to a minor defect in the software, I contacted HP Support about another issue with the Command Center and the one helping me said there were some issues with the current software downloadable on the website of the HP Drivers itself.

So I guess it is either a software error/malfunction, something else with my software or it came with the new update.

Have any of you encountered or heard about this?

Regards,

Dylan

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @DylanK

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Try these steps -

1) Click the Windows Store icon in the system tray.
2) Search for OMEN Command Center.
3) Click Update.
4) Wait while the program downloads and installs.
5) Click Play. OMEN Command Center opens.

If the issue still persists, try re-installing the software -

1) Select the Start button, then select Settings  > Apps.
2) Choose the program you want to remove, and then select Uninstall. Some apps built into Windows can't be uninstalled.
3) To remove an app you got from Microsoft Store, find it on the Start menu, press and hold (or right-click) on the app, then select Uninstall.
4) Restart the HP Omen and download the Command Center from this link.

Also, try updating the computer - 

Step 1 Windows Updates troubleshooter -

Click on this link to run Windows Updates troubleshooter.

Step 2 Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Step 3 HP Support Assistant Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Let me know how that goes.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day ahead 🙂

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried some of the possible solutions above but with no succes, a friend of mine who has the same laptop also has this issue, I am assuming this is not a hardware issue but a software due to the fact 2 of us have the same problem with the same  HP OMEN Command Center software version.

HP Recommended

@DylanK

Thanks for trying, Dylan. 

I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding this issue, they should be able to help. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.