Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Compaq Presario Cq71

Product name: Compaq Presario CQ71

Serial: [Personal Information Removed]

Product: VL004EA#UUW

Model: CQ71-326SO

When I try to access download site on my Windows 10 desktop PC, it says there are no drivers for your operating system, and I cannot choose another operating system. When I try to access the site on the laptop with Windows 7, it's just stuck on loop and nothing shows up.

What is the latest BIOS for the laptop and is there any way to download it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP retires support for PC's 10 or more years old, which is why you cannot access any information for your notebook.

You can only update the BIOS if your CQ71 is running a supported operating system (Vista or W7).

Here are the links to the last BIOS update HP released for the CQ71's with Intel processors...

Info file:  BIOS revision F.23  January 14, 2011

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp51501-52000/sp51527.html

Exe file:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp51501-52000/sp51527.exe

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP retires support for PC's 10 or more years old, which is why you cannot access any information for your notebook.

You can only update the BIOS if your CQ71 is running a supported operating system (Vista or W7).

Here are the links to the last BIOS update HP released for the CQ71's with Intel processors...

Info file:  BIOS revision F.23  January 14, 2011

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp51501-52000/sp51527.html

Exe file:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp51501-52000/sp51527.exe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.