Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Presario V2000
Microsoft Windows XP

Hi, I'm new in this forum. I have an old Compaq Presario V2000, I'd like to boot from USB and I need to update the BIOS to do so. I found the FTP ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/ area where there are many folders and files but I tryed some options and none of them is for my netbook PCI. Any help in finding the proper File will be very appreciated. Tks.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello
do you have specific information that tells you that updating the bios will allow usb booting, if that's the question?
And which version do you have?
computer, not supported by HP for a while
it may therefore be impossible to recover a bios update, even through the ftp server

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi:

What is the product number of your V2000 notebook?

Use this guide to find that information...please do not post the serial number.

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number? | HP® Customer Support

I will get you the latest BIOS update HP released for your notebook.

HP Recommended

HI Prométhée, yes, Id like to boot from a pendrive. I read, dont remember where, that updating the BIOS solve the issue. My BIOS version is F22

HP Recommended

HI Paul_Tikkanen, tks for the reply.

The part number is P/N RD992PA#UUF

HP Recommended

hi

I can't find a reference with this p / n
but  indeed  there is this update

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp33501-34000/sp33749.html
WinFlash Utility for HP Notebook System BIOS - Windows-Based
VERSION:
F.27
Compaq Presario M2000 Notebook PCSeries
Compaq Presario V2000 Notebook PCSeries
HP Compaq nx6105 Notebook PC
HP Pavilion ze2000 Notebook PC Series
HP Special Edition L2000 Notebook PC

OPERATING SYSTEM (S):
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Microsoft Windows XP Professional

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp33501-34000/sp33749.exe

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

HI Prométhée, 

Tks again. Ive already tested the suggested update but but I got a warning that it was not for my BIOS.

HP Recommended

https://www.google.com/search?q=RD992PA%23UUF&hl

see what results in a search with your given number
in this case try to find the exact name of the computer
You can see that the series is mentioned in the HP link.
you may have elements that we are not aware of ..
motherboard replacement, wrong model etc

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.