Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ProBook 450 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I upgraded Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. Everything works fine except for the HP Connection Manager. After using the internet and closing it I get the following message:

foutmelding HP Connection Manager.pngIt is in Dutch and tells me that the service no longer reacts and needs to shut down due to a fatal error. The only thing I do is click on OK, I am not computer savvy so I don't know what else to do. Internet works fine after this message, so does everything else on my notebook. 

Can I/ should I uninstall the Connection Manager? Is it safe to do? Or should I do something else?

Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, if you can uninstall the HP connection manager software, uninstall it, and restart the PC.

The HP connection manager software is not compatible with W10.

Confirm that the wifi and Bluetooth are on before uninstalling the software.

I'm surprised it is even showing up anymore to give the error.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, if you can uninstall the HP connection manager software, uninstall it, and restart the PC.

The HP connection manager software is not compatible with W10.

Confirm that the wifi and Bluetooth are on before uninstalling the software.

I'm surprised it is even showing up anymore to give the error.

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul! I wil uninstall the Connection Manager.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.