Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-inch Displays

I have a HP pavilion 15-inch Displays laptop and I recently cracked it. It didn't damage the LCD because the screen still works. Is there a way to fix the cracked with out replacing a new screen? Please Help!!! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You need to provide us with the exact model number. I give this advice frequently and hardly anyone pays attention. Yes, a touchscreen has a glass overlay and it is possible to replace just the glass. However, HP does not sell just the glass. You have to go into the secondary market to find it and find a technician who can replace it. You have to be willing to think and work outside the box as mainstream repair channels only want to replace the whole assembly at great cost. And even replacing the glass is not cheap but cheaper than replacing the whole assembly. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

You need to provide us with the exact model number. I give this advice frequently and hardly anyone pays attention. Yes, a touchscreen has a glass overlay and it is possible to replace just the glass. However, HP does not sell just the glass. You have to go into the secondary market to find it and find a technician who can replace it. You have to be willing to think and work outside the box as mainstream repair channels only want to replace the whole assembly at great cost. And even replacing the glass is not cheap but cheaper than replacing the whole assembly. 

HP Recommended

Model Number: 15-f128ca   

Thanks for help Huffer!

Do you know about approximatley how much would a new screen cost it self? Is it possible to replce it yourself?

HP Recommended

Here's the whole assembly part number:

Touch screen 783120-001

HP asks $825 for it:

https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/Search_Results.aspx?mscssid=220B7B9AB5C649389298853AC6334EB9&SearchIn=P...

See what I mean? It's insane. 

Digitizer and glass much cheaper from 3rd party sources but also much much harder to install properly:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15-6-Touch-Screen-Digitizer-Panel-Front-Glass-for-HP-Pavilion-15-F-15-F100D...

This is your part even thought the model number is not precisely the same. 

You likely still have questions. Almost nobody actually does this. When people investigate the cost, everybody just buys a new laptop. I am saying you can get it done for maybe $250 all in parts and labor. It is not a real easy DIY job. 

Happy to explain more if still listening. 

HP Recommended

I have a RCA touch screen detachable key board lap top and I dropped the top half of the lap top and it cracked the touch screen part of the screen how can I get it to work again,it would be awsome to fix it and not have to pay some money for someone to fix it if I can fix it my self.

HP Recommended

Model No-15-ab292nr, I 'm from India and recently my laptop had a crack and touchscreen is not working(Auto tapping on the screen) I have disabled the touch but still, I like to get it to repair in low cost. I enquired in the market but they are charging it for Rupee 14k. Could you please suggest any contact who can replace it in a cheaper amount?

HP Recommended

I have the same problem : cracked screen, works perfectly fine but the touch screen no longer works. I did not break it but my friends did and they are willing to fix it. How much would it cost to replace the cracked screen and touch screen?

Even if the touchscreen isn't fixed how much would it cost to just replace the plastic screen on top ( tired of looking at a cracked screen)

HP ENVY Notebook

Model# : 17-u177cl

HP Recommended

Please start your own thread for this

HP Recommended

Hp15 ts notebook pc 4gb ram750gb rom corei3 1piont7ghz touchsmart 10 i need to replace the screen the LCD display is flickering and the screen is broken

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.