Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I still can't locate simple pass but I think the problem for me is isolated to internet explorer after switching everything over to firefox the problem is gone. Thx for replying

HP Recommended

Thanks, it really helped.

For users who are not able to locate the files of HP Simple Pass, to delete.

Simply launch Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Select (HP Simple Pass) and click on Unistall.

Thanks

HP Recommended
Hi Joe,
After a lot of trying with different methods, I wasn't fruitful. So my only solution was to reset my system. And after the reset things are back to normal
HP Recommended

No need to delete any files or folders. Just open device manager -> double tap on "Boimetric devices" (the fingerprint scanner) -> right click on the listed device and click disable.

This way when and if the driver update gets available , simple pass can be enabled back again.

HP Recommended

This worked for me, I agree wish I saw this before staying on the phone with Microsoft for two hours.

HP Recommended

Thank you for that suggestion. I uninstalled HP Simple Smart and so far so good. No more flickering for the timebeing at least.

HP Recommended

Worked for me, thanks so much. Searched for hours trying to fix it.

HP Recommended

This is the best solution.

Instead of deleting, disabling Simplepass is working just fine.

HP Recommended

I used RevoUninstaller to get rid of Simple Pass, and it solved my problem. I think that the software was sold off when I upgraded to Windows 8

HP Recommended

This solved it for me. hanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.