Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

FOUND THE SOLUTION!!!

I suspected/hoped the cursor control issue was software since I didn't want to give up the machine for a hardware fix. The Synaptics website indicated that driver updates had to come from the OEM. So I checked the HP website for driver updates.

Sure enough, there is an updated driver for the Synaptics Touchpad. It is dated Aug 25, 2017 and the version is 19.3.31.31 Rev A.

I downloaded and installed. Testing has shown the problem is resolved. Now I can re-enable my touchpad and still use the USB mouse.

My faith in HP products is restored. Sure would have been nice if HP could have notified all the owners of the products they knew were affected by this. Would have boosted customer loyalty and saved defections immeasurably.

HP Recommended

Search for or download HP Support Assistant and complete manufacture updates. Here is the link, it's user fiendly to use: 

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html 

HP Recommended

This post is absolutely gratuitous and worthless. I downloaded and installed the HP Support Assistant. After all the time it analyzed my PC, it concluded that it had no problems. Then I checked the Synaptics driver specifically, thinking there might have been an update. But no.

However, well-intentioned this post might have been it wasted more time of mine than I care to admit.

Bottom line is: We are still stuck with just disabling the touch pad until there is ever a ddriver update by Synaptics.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with the same computer. Is there a recall on this product as it seems to be doing this to a lot of people? Can I have my client call for a repair?

HP Recommended

I have not heard anything about a recall.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.