Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq Notebook 7400
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Dear Community,

I have CD/DVD's which is essential to play when it is needed. Please help me how to get way around in this pandemic when

unconventional solutions in CD/DED's are there for our well being to build the immunity. But the Windows has stopped many old users/products  its benefits that it has provided well before pandemic. It's better to re-invent without any service interruption to old users/products still people use in the time of pandemic, when people have lost many!! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Hellow_Karthick 

I'm not here to discuss opinions on the current pandemic, so I will make no more comments on that,

In terms of the CD/DVD issue, HP does not make Win7 drivers for your model PC; the latest ones are for Vista -- and when I check that page, there are no CD/DVD drivers, because as I said, those are built into Windows.

Unless someone else comes along with a link to drivers for other models that will work with yours, you would have to approach the CD/DVD manufacturer for Win7 drivers.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Hellow_Karthick 

Sorry to tell you this, but your post is riddled with patently FALSE information!

First of all, you can not build an immunity to a virus other than through a vaccination.  Masks and gloves do not build immunity.  The process of  vaccinations was already well-known when the Smallpox epidemic of 1721 hit the British Colony of New England in North America.  So, we have known how true immunity to viruses has worked for over three hundred years now. So, unless you've been vaccinated, you are not "building immunity" to this family of viruses.

Second, the virus affects humans, not PCs -- so there is no reason to assume that ANYTHING related to PCs or to Windows is being affected by this pandemic. It is ridiculous to say the virus is stopping products from working on PCs. I have PCs that go back well over 10 years and they continue to work JUST FINE.

Third, your comment about re-inventing makes no sense, as computer products that worked six months ago still work just fine today, despite the current pandemic. I have numerous applications across lots of PCs, some of them going back over 5 years, and they all continue to work JUST FINE.

And fourth, the CD/DVD driver is built into Windows -- so if you are having problems with specific CDs, then you need to provide details about those problems -- not rant on with ridiculous remarks about the current pandemic.

HP Recommended

Thanks for Your reply, that holds me close and tempt to discuss further on this topic.

There is scope that some can argue with facts which contradict my views now, it may change

Later, based on understanding with other experts!!

When you are in strict mode, please safely ignore mine about Vaccination, which I have shared through a Link. Or simply delete it. That’s great!

What I meant was during this pandemic, many people have lost the jobs/money in developing countries like in India which literally means new opportunities are out there!!(Other side of the coin)...  But for some there is little scope to invest in new gadgets and they end up using the old products, 

Just gave a timeline of Windows service stop to old gadgets in Feb 2020, coincidently pandemic happened. Hence correlated nothing offence on that. Sorry to say so. It’s a freedom of expression on US Independence July 4th!

My Issue:

Windows 7 64 bit PC - I have upgraded from the Windows XP to Windows 7 professional, it looks like I will ever use my DVD/CD drive unless I change my Driver DVDRW   DVR-K17 Pioneer 2006 make replaced

When I checked at Pioneer (manufacturer guide), it said it would work with the Windows Vista not with Windows 7. So any suggestion from your end to use the above said DVD/CD drive in Windows 7. My driver does not read it always eject out and tell please insert the disc when disc is already there.

By the Way, Happy Independence Day, July 4th US mates!!

Thanks,

Karthick

HP Recommended

@Hellow_Karthick 

I'm not here to discuss opinions on the current pandemic, so I will make no more comments on that,

In terms of the CD/DVD issue, HP does not make Win7 drivers for your model PC; the latest ones are for Vista -- and when I check that page, there are no CD/DVD drivers, because as I said, those are built into Windows.

Unless someone else comes along with a link to drivers for other models that will work with yours, you would have to approach the CD/DVD manufacturer for Win7 drivers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.