Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion 15-au193cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

I'm not sure if this is the best place to put this problem - I'm new to the community boards.

I purchased my laptop a little over a year ago, and my manufacturer's warranty recently expired. On January 6th, 2019, I purchased an HP Care Pack. I received an email over a month ago asking for further information about my laptop in order to register the warranty, and I provided it. I haven't heard anything else, and I never received confirmation (I'm assuming I should have?). When I try to check my warranty status online, it still just shows my expired manufacturer's warranty, and I can't find any trace of my care pack except in my purchase email and in the email requesting more information. Is there a step I'm missing? 

Thank you! 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @uberguberman 

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Community.

This is the official Forum/Community of HP [HP Inc] but here we are members, volunteers, users like you and some HP employees. Since this is related to payment/subscription/etc, the best way is to contact HP CarePack team directly.

Please, try on either of these phones:

1-866-811-6139
1-800-474-6836

Hope this helps ! :generic:

Let me know if you face any difficulties reaching to HP or getting the support you need.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Hi @IT_WinSec

I figured I'd just give it a try, since the troubleshooting chat stated that charges could be applied if I make the call and I'm out of warranty. Since my account is displaying as having an expired warranty, I was just worried about being charged. I would certainly hope I wouldn't be for this question/issue, but that's why I figured I'd give this a shot first. :generic:

I ended up finding a place to dispute the expired warranty and it had an option to mention that I purchase a Care Pack, so we shall see! If that doesn't work, I'll give them a call.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

You already paid from what I understand. There is no way for HP to charge you for asking a question related to payment already made. Additionally, to charge you they will ask for information and they will need your concent.

Don't worry, give them a call :generic:

:ThumbUp:

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.