2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Difficulty Registering HP Carepack

hp pavilion 15-au193cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

I'm not sure if this is the best place to put this problem - I'm new to the community boards.

I purchased my laptop a little over a year ago, and my manufacturer's warranty recently expired. On January 6th, 2019, I purchased an HP Care Pack. I received an email over a month ago asking for further information about my laptop in order to register the warranty, and I provided it. I haven't heard anything else, and I never received confirmation (I'm assuming I should have?). When I try to check my warranty status online, it still just shows my expired manufacturer's warranty, and I can't find any trace of my care pack except in my purchase email and in the email requesting more information. Is there a step I'm missing? 

Thank you! 

3 REPLIES 3
Level 15
Level 15
9,060 8,955 732 3,290
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @uberguberman 

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Community.

This is the official Forum/Community of HP [HP Inc] but here we are members, volunteers, users like you and some HP employees. Since this is related to payment/subscription/etc, the best way is to contact HP CarePack team directly.

Please, try on either of these phones:

1-866-811-6139
1-800-474-6836

Hope this helps ! :generic:

Let me know if you face any difficulties reaching to HP or getting the support you need.

Your feedback and update is highly appreciated
*** Click on the button below to accept this advice as a solution if it helped you
*** Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say thanks or give like 
index.png
HP Expert - volunteer - not employed by HP Inc. *** I express personal opinion only. *** IT Commodity and Cyber Security professional *** Location/timezone: Europe
0 Kudos
uberguberman
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @IT_WinSec

I figured I'd just give it a try, since the troubleshooting chat stated that charges could be applied if I make the call and I'm out of warranty. Since my account is displaying as having an expired warranty, I was just worried about being charged. I would certainly hope I wouldn't be for this question/issue, but that's why I figured I'd give this a shot first. :generic:

I ended up finding a place to dispute the expired warranty and it had an option to mention that I purchase a Care Pack, so we shall see! If that doesn't work, I'll give them a call.

Thanks!

Level 15
Level 15
9,060 8,955 732 3,290
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You already paid from what I understand. There is no way for HP to charge you for asking a question related to payment already made. Additionally, to charge you they will ask for information and they will need your concent.

Don't worry, give them a call :generic:

:ThumbUp:

Your feedback and update is highly appreciated
*** Click on the button below to accept this advice as a solution if it helped you
*** Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say thanks or give like 
index.png
HP Expert - volunteer - not employed by HP Inc. *** I express personal opinion only. *** IT Commodity and Cyber Security professional *** Location/timezone: Europe
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation