Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop Model 15-da1013ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have my windows activated by digital liscence as it says on control panel. Now I want to install ssd in my laptop so for that digital liscence key is required which i probably lost. So how could I find it ?

And also can we use product key ( found from command prompt) instead? As my windows is activated by digital liscence so will it be possible to install ssd by product key? Are they same ?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@_mp_ 

You don't need the license it is embedded in BIOS of your machine. Machine will know where to look at the product key. If you wish, you can use the following tool to find out yourself:

https://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.