Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
da1956nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to disable the touchpad on Windows 10 Home 64 bits version 1809

- No ELAN or other extra tab in extra mouse options

- Via devicemanager "Disable" not present

- Program "Touchpad blocker" doesn't work

Any solutions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Found a solution. I installed sp44940.exe and got an extra tab where I could disable the touchpad when an USB mouse is present.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Found a solution. I installed sp44940.exe and got an extra tab where I could disable the touchpad when an USB mouse is present.

HP Recommended

How do you install sp44940.exe?

HP Recommended

Nevermind. I found a solution that required a registry edit. Worked perfectly. 

HP Recommended

After installing 1903 I lost the extra tab so what registry entry must be changed??

HP Recommended

This works for ELAN Touchpads. I got the hint from HP Support Agent Riddle_Decipher in this Community. 

The instruction was:

Open the Registry Editor and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/software/Elantech/Othersetting/DisableWhenDetectUSBMousekey and change the value from 0 to 1. 

Then I restarted my laptop and voila! 

Although I was still not able to find the proper tab or option is Settings Mouse or Touchpad, the problem was solved. The ELAN touchpad is now disabled when I plug my mouse into the USB connector.

HP Recommended

It seems I have no Elan touchpad, so that driver will not install, so no registry enties from Elan.

Still searching for a solution...

HP Recommended

I have been having the same problem.  I can't disable the touchpad.  NO extra tab for synaptics. No disable feature under device manager, no palm drag option, no touchpad disable when mouse detected.  Everything is gone ever since the WIndows update. I have spent countless hours on the phone with HP. They temporarily fix it (after 4 hours on the phone each time), then Windows updates and  I am back to where I was... 

Have tried the regedit fix, doesn't work.  Please tell me where to get a synaptics driver that actually works with the latest Windows 10 update.  

HP Recommended

This is just great  Steveinaz !!

I have spend at least 24 hours to get this problem fixed, and you  fixed this like a magician !!
This was really extremely valuable help.
Thanks so much !

Erik 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.