Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I recently bought the Pavilion x360 14" with the i5-10th Gen processor and it has some issue with the Display Drivers.

No matter which Driver I use, my screen always flickers, when it has to display dark Areas (e.g. the grey area of the settings menu of Windows). If I disable the graphics drivers or lower the framerate to 40Hz the issue stops. If I connect and external monitor and mirror my screen, the issue also stops.

While looking around in the driver´s details it says "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8A56&SUBSYS_8774103C&REV_07\3&11583659&2&10" needs to be updated, and in the full details section it says that there has been a problem with "oem80.inf", which belongs to the above named driver.

I tried everything the usual methods on the Internet told me to do such as uninstalling the Driver and then restarting or downloading Drivers from Intel and HP without any luck. 

I really like this Laptop and don´t want to send it back and want to fix this issue. Maybe you guys can help me.

Every answer is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

If your notebook only has the onboard Intel graphics, see my knowledge base article at the link below for how to manually update the Intel graphics driver to the latest version directly from the Intel website...

Updating the Latest HD Graphics Driver from Intel...Skylake,... - HP Support Community - 7185608

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.