Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
23-o014
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

15900042217607331525154956549270.jpg

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello @Remember11 

Welcome to the HP Support Communities.

Yes, there are ways to fix this. There are several possible reasons for this to happen and first we need to identify why it happens.

What you show in the photo is your computer trying to load from a network device first, it fails and then it tries to boot from a locally attached hard disk drive. But it fails again.

Reason/Root cause >> You get this message because either of these:

-  Computer's BIOS is not configured correctly and it tries to boot from a device (not standard HDD) that has no bootable stuff on it (e.g. empty USB pen drive)

-  there is no HDD/SSD/disk drive/storage drive present in the PC

-  HDD/SSD is present but corrupted (or some connector is not working)

-  Operating system (e.g. Windows) is totally corrupt/unbootable

You can review the official HP article about such issues > http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443463

*** Tell me if you have performed any changes before the issue started, provide some update.

*** Did it ever work properly - did you have a working system before ?

* Please, perform some basic hardware checks to rule out hardware issues

1. Please, shutdown the computer using the power button

2. Power it on.

2.1 As soon as you press the power-on button, immediately begin hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap).

This should open a HP Startup Menu >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSN0qzXayUY

3. Choose F2 to open System Diagnostics (or the respective F option to run diagnostics).

Follow the on-screen instructions to perform System Test >> Quick test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JXUp43ahHA

If there are no system checks/no quick tests, perform Run in test

or HDD (hard disk drive) and RAM (memory) check.

Let me know the test results.

* Reset BIOS/UEFI settings to default... Repeat steps above but when HP Startup menu opens, please choose F10 to open BIOS setup.

Navigate through the BIOS and find the option to load default settings/configuration/reset BIOS settings to default.

Save the changes.

Exit the BIOS saving the changes.

Let me know how it goes.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Laptops On Amazon - https://amzn.to/3wboBVL HP Spectre x360 - https://amzn.to/3dCflTZ PLEASE SUBSCRIBE IF THIS HELPS YOU - IT HELPS ME :-) Here is a very quick video on how to enter the HP Boot Menu from a HP Laptop. Step 1 - Press the power on button. Step 2 - Quickly start pressing the ESC ...
HP Recommended

Well now I have a new error message 

15900258414535238604707103149474.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi @Remember11 

From the provided screenshot, I can see the new message is the same as the old one.

Could you please follow the steps and provide detailed answers to what I have posted above. We can clearly understand the root cause and then try to fix it - just need to know what is going on.

Thank you for your cooperation !

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

The version of the diagnostic I have is 1.8.0.0 and I dont have that.. I only have 

Memory test

Hard drive check

Language

And exit 

HP Recommended

@Remember11 wrote:

The version of the diagnostic I have is 1.8.0.0 and I dont have that.. I only have 

Memory test

Hard drive check

Language

And exit 

You should perform hard disk drive check. Please, let me know the test results eventually.

HP Recommended

I've tried many times and it says I dont have smart check and short dst installed and also sometimes when I turn the pc on it gives me the first error i posted. If I open startup menu I get the same error from the picture 

HP Recommended

@Remember11 wrote:

I've tried many times and it says I dont have smart check and short dst installed and also sometimes when I turn the pc on it gives me the first error i posted. If I open startup menu I get the same error from the picture 

Hi @Remember11 

Thank you for your update.

Just to be very clear so that you have the right impression - this is not an easy/quick fix and my suggestions posted above are only to find the root cause of the issue. There are several possible reasons for this to happen. None of my suggestions posted so far will provide a solution - we are still at the beginning, at the moment of investigation and trying to find what is the disease your computer is sick of.  Only after I am 100% certain (or 99.9% certain) what is causing the sickness, I may provide a concrete remedy.

• Above you have posted that short dst installed  but I suspect that the results of the hard disk drive test are indeed "not installed" or "short dst not installed", similar to this one here.  Please, confirm and take a picture of it.

• Can you related your problem to some update or change you may have done on this all-in-one PC ?

If it shows not installed, we have found the root cause. Looking forward to your confirmation and I will post some suggestions for a fix. Thank you for the cooperation !

HP Recommended

20200523_111550.jpg

 here's the picture also I've only downloaded games like roblox world of warships/tanks and minecraft. I've also downloaded discord the only change I've made is deleting some of my old screenshots to make space...sometimes this pc would crash right after a beep which froze the computer. I've had daily crashes but some an error would pop up like smart disk failure something like that.. after the error it will go back to normal..the other times where hard disk errors but with enough time passes by I was able to reboot the pc...this type of error never happend to me, I've understand that this isnt a quick fix and I appreciate all of the kind effort and tips to try and fix it... im sorry for any spelling or grammatical errors as I'm on a mobile phone 

HP Recommended
  • Thank you, again. This makes sense.

• You get this message because your PC's hard disk drive has failed. Early signs were the messages about SMART and it was notifying that it is about to fail. At the moment, what happens is that the hard disk drive shows "not installed" as the HDD is very corrupted and the system does not detect it at all.

• Since this is a faulty HDD/hardware component, you will probably not be able to recover or access your files you had on it before.

• If you PC is out of warranty, you will need to buy and replace the disk on your own. No worries, it is not expensive.

You can buy 2.5 inch HDD or SSD from online or local tech stores, and replace it on your own or contact HP Authorized Service center for assistance.

Last part - once you replace the faulty HDD component with new HDD or SSD - you will need to reinstall back your operating system

How to do it  ? Details are included in the PDF file below

Let me know how it goes. Provide an update or feedback.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.