Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy x360 m6 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So recently I was having problems with my computer running things so I decided to just reset the computer fully as in delete all files and redownload windows 10 simpily because I didnt have much on the computer itself and its fairly new. So directly after resetting I redownload things like google chrome as well as steam and probably the smallest game I could run to test it (Terraria) and in launch of the game everything was normal and as I loaded in the computer was stuck at 1fps and gave no change (before the game ran flawlessly on my native res and at all high settings) so i dropped all setings and i was suprised it was still stuck at 1fps. So i then downloaded the updated drivers for my graphics card thinking maybe there was a probem there and i got no change at all so im still stumped if theres anything anyone thinks i can try please go ahead and tell me i really dont mind trying everything if it comes to it and if nothing changes i still have 11 months on the warranty so i mean i can always send it back. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Well the battery shouldnt affect the game FPS, but if its failing the battery test, Yes do a warranty claim anyway.

You will have to do it via the link below.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello Weezo,

Could you give us more details first?

1. Please tell me what is the Full Model Number or Product Number please.

2. How did you reset Windows? Did you use the HP Recovery Manager?

3. What was the problem exactly before that you said it was having problems running things? Was everything was slow to open, slow to boot, etc etc. Only certain programs or games, what were they?

HP Recommended
1. M6-AR004DX
2.My exact steps for the reset were from the Windows settings were to update and security then Windows recovery from that to Reset this PC and on hitting that I did the remove everything option then Remove all files and clean the drive instead of just keeping the files. I'm not sure if that's what you mean by recovery manager or not.
3. The computer ran flawlessly for about a month then it started having trouble opening things like Skype and when I was having these problems I was checking in the task manager to see if I could spot out something and I never saw anything out of the normal. I waited for with it being like that for a bit until I opened some game I can't quite remember and it sat with it in the background for close to 10 minutes before opening it. That's when I had just thought I had messed something up and did the reset.

Many thanks for as much as hearing me out 👍
HP Recommended

OK thanks.

You checked the task manager to see if there was anything taking up too much resources and found nothing out of the ordinary. That was a good first step.

Since you ran a complete recovery back to factory settings (then make sure Windows is fully up to date first before anything else) and you are still having the issue with extreme fps in the game, also run the other programs you were having trouble with for testing to see if they are still experiencing the same issue.

If so, you can certainly contact HP Support for a warranty issue now, but I would run a hardware diagnostics test from startup before contacting them.

With the computer power cord plugged in and turned off, hit the power button and rapidly tap the Esc key to bring up the Startup Menu. Choose F2 for System Diagnostics. In the list, chose to test the Hard Drive, then Memory, System Board, Video and Processor. As each one has finished, if you find an error/problem at that time, stop. That will give you more detailed info before contact HP Support for a hardware warranty issue.

If it’s only the one game giving you trouble, it could be something else. You can still run the hardware diagnostics. But if that shows nothing, you might have to uninstall the game and reinstall. If no joy, I am not sure what its issue is and you would do best to seek out info from the games manufacturer or their forum.

Then also be sure to create your USB Recovery Media, in case you have a complete crash or get struck by a virus.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04758961#AbT5

HP Recommended
So in doing the system tests the only problem I had found was a primary battery so I'm kinda stumped.. I'm now only confused how to check my Windows as to if it's up to date... I'm going to download some other games see what it does but I mean is the only thing I can do now is go and call HP and make a warranty claim
HP Recommended

Well the battery shouldnt affect the game FPS, but if its failing the battery test, Yes do a warranty claim anyway.

You will have to do it via the link below.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

HP Recommended
Thanks very much man I guess that sorts everything out for me 👍
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.