Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion CS30006tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I reinstalled the operating system. But whenever I install the drivers, it extracts its files in the following path. (C: SWSetup). After installation, can I delete the files in that folder? or Should I keep them?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, you can delete the files in the SWSetup folder.

If you never deleted the SWSetup folder, you can copy it to a portable hard drive and then delete the whole folder.

The original SWSetup folder contains most of the driver and software installation files that originally came with your notebook, so it is a good thing to keep it but it doesn't necessarily have to be on the hard drive.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, you can delete the files in the SWSetup folder.

If you never deleted the SWSetup folder, you can copy it to a portable hard drive and then delete the whole folder.

The original SWSetup folder contains most of the driver and software installation files that originally came with your notebook, so it is a good thing to keep it but it doesn't necessarily have to be on the hard drive.

HP Recommended

It's you again! Thank you so much. I backed up all the necessary drivers already. Had a little doubt! now clarified. Once again, I thank you. 

HP Recommended

Yes, I'm around quite a bit, and once again you're very welcome.

Always glad to be of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.