Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I just installed  a version of Windows 10 Pro x64
(21H2) on a new SSD, my computer is an HP 250 G1 notebook .
Unfortunately I can't configure some driver
in particular the driver of PCI Simple communication Controller is not installed.
This is the Hardware ID :
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E3A&SUBSYS_1854103C&REV_04\3&11583659&0&B0
Please can you point me out
where to find this driver?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need this driver for that device...

This package provides the Intel Management Engine Components Driver for supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp65501-66000/sp65514.exe 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need this driver for that device...

This package provides the Intel Management Engine Components Driver for supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp65501-66000/sp65514.exe 

HP Recommended

Thank you so much Paul your help was effective,
but now in device manager there is still a PCI device with the warning

The device PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5229&SUBSYS_1854103C&REV_01\4&18138212&0&00E2
requires further installation.

I thought I could solve with your suggestion but probably I need an additional driver.
confirm my thoughts ?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, you are correct.  You need the Realtek SD card reader driver for that device...

This one should work for your notebook...Directly from the Realtek site, as the card reader drivers for the 250 G1, G2 and G3 are too old (for Windows 8.1 only), and the SD card reader may not work with those.

Download, unzip and run the setup application from the 1st file listed at the link below...

Card Reader Solutions > Card Reader Controllers Software - REALTEK

HP Recommended

hank you Paul,

You have been very helpful once again
my computer now updated in all its drivers and even if it is a bit dated it responds really well

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.