Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-dk1035nq
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a problem with the drivers from my laptop HP Pavilion 15-dk1035nq. I bought my laptop almost 2 months ago. I installed the windows 10 and I activated it with my microsoft account. After I installed the windows I installed all the updates for my version of windows and I installed the new version 20H2 (19042). I didn't know the drivers won't work with this version. So, I went to the official website https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-gaming-15-dk1000-laptop-pc-series/32885... and I downloaded all the official drivers. I tried to install them and I recived this error "The driver is not supported on this os version (10.0.19042)" to the all of drivers I tried to install. I tried to see what version is agree and I saw in the "install settings" the latest version that has been accepted was 19041. So, I don't know what I can do in this situation. I waited the HP Customer Support to upgrade the all of drivers to the new version but nothing happened till now. In present, when I try to download and install the drivers I recive the same error.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Settings,update & security,OS build info,about,device specifications, processor.
What processor ix is your device using?

I believe you updated to the latest WIN 10 release (20H2) and chose to install the optional windows drivers. These did not work and you have tried to reverted to the HP drivers which shipped with your device (from a HP site?) but the drivers would not load, probably because the windows drivers are seen by WIN 10 as more modern.

Have you used the roll back function in device manager?

HP Recommended

My processor specifications:

PiG9T3M

My Windows specifications:

zNOBQWs

I installed the optional drivers who I received with my Windows updates but isn't enough. I need to install the drivers from the official website. The first problem is because my Windows version in newer than the version of drivers from the official website and I can't install them.
I don't want to use the "Recovery" option from the Windows system solutions. I hope I can manage this solution without reinstall the Windows system.
Maybe, someone know when they will upgrade the drivers to the new version of the Windows (20H2, 19042) or if is another solution to install them without reinstall the Windows system.

HP Recommended

Hi I am trying to give gerenic ideas to forum users. I have based this advice around HP Support Assistant because HP smarts should be able to help do the donkey work and point to solutions. There are many different pathways accessible from this app.

After typing HP Support Assistant in the search box in the taskbar, open the app.

HP Support Assistant app home page should show that you are logged in and your device is listed.

If not the half man icon on the lefthand side will allow you to fill in your name and email. Then add your device which usually requires your devices serial serial number. This allows the HP Support Assistant to give your device the correct updates.

The latest HP Drivers for your device are listed when you click the check for updates on the top right hand side of the HP Support Assistant home page.

However sometimes you want to load the HP drivers your device shipped with or the download the drivers which match the version of windows updates your device is using

HP Support Assistant home web page
Support resources -> explore
Support Resources web page opens
HP Product Support Center -> Click here >
Error message appears but after about 10 seconds the browser is redirected to a page spesific to your HP device.
I sign in (again) at top right of window.
A new webpage opens with the Go option which takes me to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads.

A new feature is that users can choose drivers which match the WIN updates currently installed on your device.
The interesting part is to choose the correct WIN 10 version (V202H if your WIN 10 64 bit is up todate) click in the version box then scroll down to the end and choose V202H -> change. The WIN 10 version number will update with your choice.

HP Windows diagnostic app
The lastest version is 1.6.7.0 navigate to

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/pc-diags.html

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.