Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv6-2150el
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

hi!
I am trying to download the drivers for my Pavilion dv6.2150el

the notebook is recognized but It just keeps spinning and says it will take about 3 minutes but has been over an hour.

I have tried several times in the last 2 weeks using both EDGE and Firefox but always unseccessfully!

any hint...please!!!

Claudio

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, Claudio:

HP retired support for that model series since it is more than 10 years old.

That is why the driver page doesn't work.

If your notebook has an Intel processor, then this reputable 3rd party website has drivers you can use on yours.

The dv6-2150us notebook has an Intel processor and chipset.

https://www.helpjet.net/files-HP-Pavilion-dv6-2150us.html

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi, Claudio:

HP retired support for that model series since it is more than 10 years old.

That is why the driver page doesn't work.

If your notebook has an Intel processor, then this reputable 3rd party website has drivers you can use on yours.

The dv6-2150us notebook has an Intel processor and chipset.

https://www.helpjet.net/files-HP-Pavilion-dv6-2150us.html

HP Recommended

ohhh thanks!

so it's something quite recent than...as I used it last January...

but it's quite unfair to remove the support without advertising it! I spent days trying to download the drivers!

and moreover other brands still keep bios and drivers for even more than 15 years!

BTW I downloaded all the drivers from the site you suggested and put them in the safe!!! hahahah

thanks again!

Claudio

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Claudio.

Yes, I don't like HP's practice of doing this either.

There are lots of folks that have old PC's and like to keep them running for old times sake, and when you can't find drivers for them anymore, you are pretty much out of luck.

HP recently retired that model series' support, and now they are working on the dv6-3xxx model series.  ☹️

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.