Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Compaq Presario CQ43-405AU Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi,

I have been using Compaq Presario CQ43-405AU for a long time (it was running Windows 7 Home Basic x86). Since, Windows 7 is now out of support by Microsoft so I decided to upgrade it to Windows 10 x86. But, I was not able to get the drivers for windows 10 x86. 

So, will HP release drivers for it? And if not is there any other way to install the drivers?

Thanks in advance........

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook was not supported by HP for Windows 10.

For any devices that may need drivers, you will need to use the W7 drivers for them, and hope they work.

You may have to manually install the drivers if the auto install method doesn't work.

I see that your notebook's support page also has Windows 8 drivers, so use those instead of the ones for W7.

HP Recommended

Will W7 drivers work perfectly on W10?🤔

HP Recommended

I've used them on other PC's that don't have W10 drivers.

They have all worked fine for me with very few exceptions.

I also see that your notebook's support page has Windows 8 drivers, so use those instead.

Compaq Presario CQ43-405AU Notebook PC Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

What specific drivers do you need that W10 did not automatically install?

Post the hardware ID's for them. 

Use this guide for how to find the hardware ID for a device...

How to Find Drivers for Unknown Devices in the Device Manager (howtogeek.com)

HP Recommended

I installed W10 and ran W8 drivers in it. It worked fine for few days and then it just crashed (due to low specs), I opened the laptop again and after few times it again crashed. I told microsoft about this and they said to install W8.1. 

Will W8 drivers work on W8.1?

HP Recommended

Yes, W8 drivers should work on W8.1.

The thing is...W10 should have installed most if not all of the drivers for your notebook's hardware.

The only drivers for W7/W8 you should have tried to install were for any devices that had no drivers at all.

And if you let me know what those devices were, I may be able to find W10 drivers for those.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.