Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Probook 450 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello folks! Recently, I have purchased HP Probook 450 G5 (2RS03EA) and currently trying to figure out how to determine whether all the drivers shown on HP.com in drivers section for my laptop model were set up. Additionally, I am using HP Support Assistant and could set up several drivers via the tool. I just want to know should I download anything else for my laptop, Are there any HP tools to help me with the issue? Thanks 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

HP support assistant and Windows should install all the necessary drivers.

Since the notebook is new, let Windows update completely. You can follow this process by going into settings > Update and Security > click on Verify for updates

You might need to reboot a couple of times.

You can then go into Device Manager (right-click on start and click on Device Manager. See if there are any problems, there will be a yellow exclamation mark next to any drivers with problems or unknown devices (there probably will not and should not be any).

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

HP Recommended

I see, thank you. I do have two unknown devices shown on Device Manager. How to find out what they are and update them?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you completely updated with HP support assistant? You should find the app in Start.

You can also right-click on the unknown device and click on properties. In the TAB Details click on the drop-down menu and click on hardware id . Post the id here and we can probably figure out what it is.

David

HP Recommended

Hi,

So the first one and the second one have the same id ACPI\VEN_INT&DEV_3403 guessing that there is only one driver missing but why it is shown as 2?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Maybe Expert  @Paul_Tikkanen can take a quick look as I am out and about.

Regards,

David

HP Recommended

Hi, @tonymontrezor 

If you have two of those IDs' showing up, then you need to install both of these drivers and restart the PC.

This package contains the Intel Chipset Installation Utility. This utility enables the operating system to show the correct name for the installed Intel hardware in the Microsoft Windows Device Manager.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp95001-95500/sp95244.exe

This package contains the driver that enables the Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework firmware. Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework provide system temperature and power utilization information for the system thermal protection to function properly. This package is provided for supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp91501-92000/sp91894.exe

Here is a partial copy and paste of the 2nd driver's setup information file, which shows driver support for the hardware ID you posted.  The first driver has way too many setup information files to explore to show you that one.

[Manufacturer]
%INTEL%=INTEL, NTamd64.10.0

[INTEL.NTamd64.10.0]
%INT3400.DeviceDesc%  = DptfAcpi,ACPI\INT3400
%INT3401.DeviceDesc%  = DptfAcpi,ACPI\INT3401
%INT3402.DeviceDesc%  = DptfAcpi,ACPI\INT3402
%INT3403.DeviceDesc%  = DptfAcpi,ACPI\INT3403
%INT3404.DeviceDesc%  = DptfAcpi,ACPI\INT3404
%INT3405.DeviceDesc%  = DptfAcpi,ACPI\INT3405
%INT3406.DeviceDesc%  = DptfAcpi,ACPI\INT3406
%INT3407.DeviceDesc%  = DptfAcpi,ACPI\INT3407
%INT3408.DeviceDesc%  = DptfAcpi,ACPI\INT3408
%INT3409.DeviceDesc%  = DptfAcpi,ACPI\INT3409
%INT340A.DeviceDesc%  = DptfAcpi,ACPI\INT340A
%INT340B.DeviceDesc%  = DptfAcpi,ACPI\INT340B
%INT340C.DeviceDesc%  = DptfAcpi,ACPI\INT340C
%INT340D.DeviceDesc%  = DptfAcpi,ACPI\INT340D
%INT343D.DeviceDesc%  = DptfAcpi,ACPI\INT343D
%INT3530.DeviceDesc%  = DptfAcpi,ACPI\INT3530
%INT3532.DeviceDesc%  = DptfAcpi,ACPI\INT3532

HP Recommended

Thanks @Paul_Tikkanen 

As always, the Master :BLueCrown:

Regards,

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.