Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: HP 15
Microsoft Windows 11

I order a new laptop online on Black Friday Windows 11.  I also ordered an installed version of Microsoft Office Home and Student, thinking I would get the 2021 version of that software for college.  Went physical shopping and saw that $99.00 price tag for that MO Home and Student 2021.  The next day, I checked my emails and noticed the 2019 Office Home and Student on my order.  I immediately called HP to edit my order and was told I could not do that.  I still want the laptop, but do not want an old outdated version of Microsoft Office H & S.  Any ideas what I can do?  The HP lady on the phone gave me their team Microsoft phone number, but they could not help me.  Help!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi@stargirl18,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Please share the infomation order copy or screen short details.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended
  • Your order number is H346098674
    Your order number is your invoice number
  • Order date: Nov 26, 2021
  • ORDER RECEIVED
    09:34 AM EST, Nov 26, 2021   TO ASSEMBLE   TO SHIP   TO DELIVER
    Product details
    Status
    Qty Price

HP 15 Laptop PC
    Product number: 1B9N3AV
    15.6" diagonal, HD (1366 x 768), micro-edge, BrightView, 250 nits
    No DVD or CD Drive
    512 GB Intel® SSD + 32 GB Intel® Optane™ memory
    Standard Keyboard (Jet Black)
    Security Software Trial
    16 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (2x8GB)
    Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX 201 (2x2) and Bluetooth® 5 combo (Supporting Gigabit file transfer speeds)
    Microsoft® Office 2019 Home and Student - Save $50 instantly
    Windows 11 Home 64 Plus
    HP TrueVision HD Camera + Mic (Chalkboard Gray)
    Chalkboard Gray
    3-cell, 41 Wh Lithium-ion prismatic Battery
    Intel® Core™ i7-1165G7 (up to 4.7 GHz, 12 MB L3 cache, 4 cores) + Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics
    Processing
    Estimated shipment: Dec 09, 2021
    1 $778.98

HP Recommended

Hola, Anything you could do would greatly be appreciated.  I can get the 2021 Microsoft Home Office at any local retail store for $99.00, the same price, and install it myself, which would give me 5 years of updates compare to 2 years for the 2019.  Thank you.  Since I will be in college that long.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.