Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
12-07-2021 05:23 PM
Product: All in One HP
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11
Tried cmd to delete empty desktop folder, no luck. Downloaded a program to do it, no luck. Cannot get rid of folder with 0 bytes in it. Any ideas would be grateful to get it done. Searched internet to help but nothing worked.
1 REPLY 1
12-11-2021 12:58 PM
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,
- Please ensure that you are logged in as the administrator.
- I suggest you to click and select a particular folder you want to delete and then press the Shift+Del keys on the keyboard.
Another option to delete the folders is by doing the following:
- Open and elevated command prompt and:
- Use the del command to delete undeletable files: del “Path of File”
- Use the RMDIR or RD command to delete undeletable folders: rd /s /q “Path of Folder”
- /S : Delete all files and subfolders in addition to the folder itself. Use this to remove an entire folder tree.
- /Q : Quiet – do not display Y/N confirmation
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community