Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-aw010nl (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

SharedScreenshot.jpg

There are no updates in HP Support Assistant, neither in HP website ("software and drivers"). I tried to install new drivers through Device Manager but it does not find new drivers.

The error has the code 43: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems.

My question is: is it possible to install the new AMD software (Adrenalin 2020 edition) through AMD website? Or is it mandatory to install all the drivers from HP website? Are there other options to solve the errors described above?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@MatteoM21 

While AMD makes good drivers, their install/uninstall utility fails more often than it succeeds.

What I have found works well in the past is using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to remove all traces of the AMD drivers.  After that, you can generally reinstall the drivers without issue.

And, you should not use the drivers directly from AMD as your PC really needs the HP drivers to work properly.

You can get DDU from here:  https://www.wagnardsoft.com/

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.