Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen 20M53UWR#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The laptop is an Omen, not an Envy.

I tried creating a case and left feedback with a virtual assistant. The web page where I tried to Dispute my Warranty is locked with the "circling boxes" in constant motion, but no advancement.

My issue is the HP Support Assistant reminds me daily that my warranty is soon to expire. I purchased a 3-yr extension this October and replied to the email HP sent with my receipt (a screenshot of which I attached with my dispute). I sent the product and serial numbers along with the date of purchase that HP required. Somewhere, the information is not being cross-indexed.

Advice?

HP Warranty_2020-12-27 135926.png

J.S.Oro
9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@JosOro 

20M53UWR#ABA is too long. Are you sure it is 20M53UWR#ABA  ? Normally we have 7 characters before #. Please check again

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

HP Prod No_2020-12-28 231152.png

Taken from Alt+Esc

J.S.Oro
HP Recommended

@JosOro 

Ok, your machine is an OMEN BY HP 15T-DC100 REFURB LAPTOP and it is a CTO machine therefore we can't find its normal specs

Please contact HP directly, they may have different rule for Refurbish machines.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Ok, thank you for that.

What is a CTO machine? I understand it was refurbished; still, I purchased a 3-yr warranty extension.

They (HP) sent this "receipt" today.

I paid $166 for the 3-yr extension, a bargain, I know.HP 3yr Receipt_2020-12-29 131235.pngHP_Warranty Receipt_2020-12-29 125944.png

J.S.Oro
HP Recommended

@JosOro 

That's good. CTO is for Configure/Customize To Order. Normally only available in The US. HP supplies a list of parts/options and customers can select parts to build machines.

The production line(s) will use customers options to built machines.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Why can't I see the photo attachments in previous post?

J.S.Oro
HP Recommended

@JosOro wrote:

Why can't I see the photo attachments in previous post?

@JosOro 

Your photos may not meet the rules of this forum therefore we won't be able to see them. They removed my images sometimes.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

@Banhien

Thank you for all your kind responses.

To whom would you suggest I address my issue regarding the extended warranty I purchased?

J.S.Oro
HP Recommended

@JosOro 

Did you say you've got the receipt ?  For further following up, you need to talk with the place where you bought new warranty. I'm living from another side of this globe and working with our (tech) friends only.

Regards.

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.