Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

First: the now one year old HP ENVY - 17m-ce1013dx   works prefect, I am happy with it, no problem.  When the 1 year warranty started to expire a month ago "The HP Support Assistant" started to pester me to extend the warranty which I did. I purchased 2 more years for  $175.29  (with taxes) They sent me an email in which they congratulated and mentioned that the registration by HP would take up to 4 weeks.  To my surprise a few days back the computer informed me that my warranty expired. Also I have received the credit card bill for the amount mentioned above. I called HP where the Agent explained that I need to find my 9 digit registration number for this purchase which I should have gotten. I did not get, see or heard of this registration number. This whole transaction was initiated and carried out from inside the HP Support Assistant. Later I received confirming emails but no registration number. Was I taken for a ride by someone else than HP? On the credit card statement it shows as: HP *HP.COM STORE 888-345-5409 CA.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you Mark for the quick and kind answer. I guess nowdays we all have to be patient. In my case I certainly did not receive an order number or an activation number which I would need if I wanted to dispute my extended warranty case. A couple of weeks until the credit card due day. It is a question of trust. I trust the brand and the notebooks work fine. I take care of them I own three identical notebooks.

Stefan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Must be lag in their database across systems.  Not sure, but looks like my experience in updating warranty status is somewhat similar to your experience.  I submitted my proof of purchase last week with no apparent change in status.  Today I called tech support overseas and their system shows my warranty has been updated/corrected to ACTIVE, however, the computer system online at the HP website for both the "manual" warranty check and the virtual assistant warranty check still show that my warranty is still expired according to some default date that they stored in their database, probably from when my laptop was manufactured.

Mark
HP Recommended

Thank you Mark for the quick and kind answer. I guess nowdays we all have to be patient. In my case I certainly did not receive an order number or an activation number which I would need if I wanted to dispute my extended warranty case. A couple of weeks until the credit card due day. It is a question of trust. I trust the brand and the notebooks work fine. I take care of them I own three identical notebooks.

Stefan

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.