Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

The external hard drive is not recognized. 😭

I use Seagate Backup Plus portable drive 2TB and I use it with my MacBook and Windows. The external screen folder does not appear on the drive. It says that the drive not recognized. Please help.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello, many solutions can fix the external hard unrecognized error, it is recommended that you recover files or back up as soon as possible. ​

Practical solutions to fix "USB flash drive not recognized" error ​

We have listed some of the best ways to fix and repair unrecognized USB drive errors. To fix the error on Windows, try the solutions listed below.

Solution 1: Check your PC's USB port.

Solution 2: update outdated drivers on your PC

Solution 3: Format the USB drive. So, most importantly, before applying these solutions, use a data recovery tool to recover all the essential data stored on your USB flash drive to avoid data loss. ​

Data Recovery from Flash Drive
Step 1. Download and install Bitwar Data Recovery software according to your operating system.

Step 2. Start Bitwar Data Recovery software and connect a USB flash drive or SD card to your PC.

Step 3. Select USB/Memory Card Recovery.

Step 4. Select the file type to search for and click Next.

Step 5. Double-click the file to preview it, then click Recover to start restoring your data.

Hope it can help you.

HP Recommended

I have checked the USB port, and it still not recognized. I'll try the solutions you mentioned. Thank you so much. 😀

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.