Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15 n006ax
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
When I install windows 10, it works just fine. But installing amd graphics driver makes my pc extremely slow. Even the cursor takes 10-20 seconds to react to mouse movement. I have tried the driver available in hp drivers and softwares page as well as the latest compatible driver from AMD website. I faced this problem in a previous build of windows 10 and after the anniversary update its still doesn't work. I have tried clean install of windows 10 along with the driver. But nothing seems to work. What else am I missing? any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello@rajorshi,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I have read your post and understand that the PC will slow after a driver update. I will definitely help you.

I recommend you to try the steps form the link below and check if that helps you fix the issue.

http://hp.care/2hQFuAn

Hope that answers your question. Let me know for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello@rajorshi,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I have read your post and understand that the PC will slow after a driver update. I will definitely help you.

I recommend you to try the steps form the link below and check if that helps you fix the issue.

http://hp.care/2hQFuAn

Hope that answers your question. Let me know for more.

Resolv_S

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended
Thanks for the quick reply. I will try all those steps and let you know.
HP Recommended

Hello@rajorshi,

Thanks for the response.

Take your time and execute the steps carefully and check if that works..

Resolv_S

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I headed back to drivers page of hp and found a new bios update. updated the bios and installed the latest amd driver. now my problem is finally fixed. thanks for the reply.

HP Recommended

HP Pavilion with Windows 10.0.15063.0, AMD A6-5200 APU with Radeon (TM) HD Graphics, AMD Radeon HD 8400/R3 Series, AMD 8600M Series, 4 GB, 500GB.

Jerky mouse pointer. Processor performance displays a 2 seconds regular shift in processor speed, saw-toothed form.

After much thinking I deduced that the two graphics controllers are fighting for control, which they should not do, but be governed by the graphics load.

By disabling one or the other controller, the mouse (and the rest) behaved normally. I choose to keep 8600M, presumably being the most powerful one.

Question: Is this a fault of Windows update, or HP lack of solution.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm also Facing this problem now but I uninstalled the Graphics card (updated one), if I follow your  instruction to update the Bios, then only I have to install the AMD Driver right or before that Graphics card should be Installed, Kindly clarify this soon Possible...Thanks Advance 

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.