Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Notebook - 15-ae112nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

FN (functional keys) not working, really not, not even pressing fn key ... always worked fine, now suddenly not anymore.

Cannot change volume, cannot mute, cannot activate flight mode, nothing. All of a sudden ... any idea ?

thanks !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@mauro_zz

Good to know that the issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact us in future if you need any assistance.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@mauro_zz

Welcome to HP support community.

1. Click the Start button, then click Run.   

2. In the Run window, next to Open, type MSCONFIG.   

3. Press the ENTER key.   

4. In the System Configuration Utility window, click the Startup tab.   

5. On the Startup tab, under Startup Item, ensure that there is a check in the HKserv checkbox.   

NOTE: If HKserv is missing, reinstall the Hot-Key Utility application by Clicking here 
    For Windows 10 drivers: Click here  

(Note: ignore the ads, 3rd party link has been sent to ensure your issue is fixed, I'm going beyond my way to help you)

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

For whatever the reason the SHIFT button was releasing the issue, really not understandable, just pressing it once solved the problem. Thank you for the suggestion but I did not try it.

HP Recommended

@mauro_zz

Good to know that the issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact us in future if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.