Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Device Manager 5.0.3610.35437
Microsoft Windows Server 2016

Hi,

First of all, I have read this one. 

We are using HPDM for a few months and recently we started seeing errors when trying to save a template. In the previous mentioned post the advice is given to use the "save as" button. But that doesn't work for us. If I use the "Save as" button I also run into the error the it couldn't merge the payload.

It doesn't give me any other error detail besides it failed to merge. So I have no clue what is causing this. Does anyone know why this happens and what I can do about it. It's a very annoying error, as you will only receive this error while trying to save the changes.

Greetz,

Robert

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Robert,

The "Save as" workaround has a prerequisite.  That the integrity of payload wasn't broken from an earlier attempt of the "OK" button.  To verify this, please try to export the template with payload and import the zip file again.  If you receive a warning/error on "missing payload" when importing, then you have to start from a new template.

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own and do not express those of HPI.
**Light the thumb up if you like my post**

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi Robert,

The "Save as" workaround has a prerequisite.  That the integrity of payload wasn't broken from an earlier attempt of the "OK" button.  To verify this, please try to export the template with payload and import the zip file again.  If you receive a warning/error on "missing payload" when importing, then you have to start from a new template.

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own and do not express those of HPI.
**Light the thumb up if you like my post**
HP Recommended

I tried to reproduce the problem, but I already deleted all the templates that gave me an error. So I'm not able to reproduce the problem at the moment.  Nevertheless the proposed solution sounds fair to me. I will accept this as a solution.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.