Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP SPECTRE X 360, UHD display (2019)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm getting a lot of fan noise on my 2019 envy x360 13 inch laptop.  I am trying to update all the drivers and notice in the hp support assistent app that the intel chipset driver comes up as an update even after I install it - 'Intel Chipset Istallation Utility and Driver' . Maybe its not being installed correctly?  Perhpas this is the root cause although I am open to other suggestions to reduce the fan noise. 

I also have the power mode to better battery and using the hp command center to set the mode to quite. 

Also I have checked the temp on the cpus and even when the temp is around 50C for all cpu and the load is under 10% I can still hear the fan quite loud

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@SBODDER,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the fan is making a loud noise.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you update the BIOS from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

If you continue facing the issue, then turn off the “Fan always on” feature in the BIOS.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi thanks for your response. My bios is already at version F.34 which seems to be the latests version for this laptop?

The fan always on option is already turned off in my BIOIS.

I have made the fan noise a lot better by changing the processor power management option to passive rather than active in windows 10.

Thanks

S

HP Recommended

@SBODDER,

I trust the suggested steps resolved your queries. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.