Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion touch smart
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Bought my son this laptop for school.  He had written a paper and asked me to proof read it.  In the top right corner of the screen is a Farmville 2 pop up.  It doesn't go away.  I asked him how long it has been there and he said "forever".  As soon as you log in, it appears in the top right corner on the desktop and any page that is pulled up it is still there.  There is no "X" to close it and you can't seem to click on it.  He doesn't have a facebook account and has never played this game so we're not really sure why it appears.  Can anyone help us get rid of the pop up.  It's probably 1 inch by 4 inches and takes up a good deal of space in the top corner.  So much so that he cant close out of anything with the "x" in the top right hand corner.  He has to minimize the screen and then close out of applications.  His operating system is windows 8 (it came with the computer).  Please help me remove this.

Thanks,

Mike

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Mike,

Welcome back to the HP Community Forum.

This is a guess:

According to a couple of Posts I found, this could be due to some sort of artificial Pokki Start menu that might have come pre-installed on the system.

If you remove the Pokki Start menu from Programs and Features, it might remove the Farmville bits; it would also remove the Pokki Start Menu -- whatever that might be.  Some sort of kids' Startup menu?  Rats - that might be OK... it might also be a bummer for Junior depending on what else the Pokki Start Menu is providing.

So -- assuming one wants to destroy the Farmville box and not destroy the Pokki start menu:

The Farmville tile / icon might be an App that came installed on the computer and has found its way onto the Desktop or Start Screen -- it is unclear on which screen you are seeing the Farmie-bits.

You might try something like the following:

• Close running programs, browsers, and games

Next:

• Create a Restore Point: 

Restore Point XP  OR  Create a Restore Point – Win7  OR  Create a restore point Win8

Next:

Windows key > type anywhere on the screen farmville > if you see a FarmVille icon >

Right-Click  > hover  on Options button / menu  > look for sub-menu and Uninstall

Click the Kudos Thumbs-Up to say Thank You!

And...Click Accept as Solution when my Answer provides a Fix or Workaround!

I am pleased to provide assistance on behalf of HP. I do not work for HP. 

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I want to thank you so very much for this information. I get so sick of the canned response of "reformat and set it back to factory" when that was the orriginal problem in the first place.

More than two thumbs up for you.

Thank you

Martha

HP Recommended

I dont see accept as solution button but it was solved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.