Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 450 G3 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, I just have bought this laptop and having this error message from very first time, everytime I turn ON the computer. ANy help / suggestion to solve the issue? Thank you.

ERROR.jpg

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the following.

Open windows Control Panel, open Programs and Features, right click the entry for HP Connection Manager and select Uninstall - when this has completed, restart the notebook.

When windows has reloaded, Install the .net framework 3.5 sp1 on the following link.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=25150

When done, restart the notebook.

Then install HP Software Framework on the link below.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55271.exe

When done, restart the notebook.

Download and reinstall HP Connection Manager from the link below.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54501-55000/sp54945.exe

Again, when this has completed, restart the notebook.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Hello,
same problem here 🙂 HP Elitebook 820 G3

problem is somewhere between wifi and .NET 4.6.2

I get same message, so i tried to poweroff devices in BIOS (BT, WIFI, LTE, LAN) and watch the behavior of HP Connection Manager, when wifi is OFF it is OK.

It works  also if you have .NET 4.5 (or lower) and wifi ON. Problem starts after windows update .NET 4.6.2.
i will make few more tests and driver instalations and let you guys know. I will also provide devices models, IDs and driver versions.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue after installing .NET Framework 4.6.1, which is required for other software on my laptop. It was working fine with .NET Framework 4.5.2.

HP - Any help here?

On Windows 7 SP1 Enterprise 64-bit, EliteBook 820 G3 & 850 G3

HP Recommended

Just uninstall HP Connection Manager and leave it uninstalled it is not a required installation. Laptop will work fine without it.

HP Recommended

Yeah, or switch wifi off in bios, laptop will work fine 😄

lets asume i use HPconnection Manager because i need one software for users, where they can manage wifi and LTE/modem connection.

Only way for me was to deny windows upddates 😕 i have tested many versions of drivers etc.

no metter which version of HP framefork  and HP Connection Manager you have, when you update .NET, it stops working.
Even when you have fabric instalation Win7, update .NET and after it install HPCM, it doesnt work.

Is there any App, which can manage HP modem, with LTE/3G internet?

HP Recommended

I am not aware of an app which can manage HP Modem but someone else who stumbles here might.  I would add that I did pretty much follow the previous reccomendation and it did work for me.  

1. uninstalled all Netframework 4.6 

2. uninstalled hp connection manager

3. Installed netframework manager from HP

4. Used Softpaq hp feature to download and installed current version of connection manager

5 . Ran System updates for the new netframe work

Working.. this was on a HP SB430 with 128 gig SSD and 8 gigs of Ram running Windows 7 Professional

HP Recommended

I have been getting this error since day one on my new HP470G3 notebook. Had it for one week. Tried all the above suggestions without success. Each time I made a restore point, so back where I started.

When I follow all the previous suggestions, my HP connection manager is gone and then my wireless connection and Bluetooth will not turn on. There seems to be no compatible download available,

After restoring from restore point the "corrupted" connection manager will show the screen again and shows that wireless connection and bluetooth are turned off. I can turn both back on but after a restart I keep getting the fatal error message. None of the various downloads for Connection Manager work with message "this version is not compatible with your system". I am using Windows 7 Professional 64bits that came installed on the notebook.

Looks that I just may have to put up with that fatal error message unless someone has a suggestion that may work?

HP Recommended

@DavidPK & MBarbenoire :

Thanks, this helped, but the connection manager would not install ("not supported on this system" LOL).

However, the Softpaq offered Intel Wifi and Bluetooth drivers (along with a whole bunch of other up-to-date drivers).

So now wifi works (I didn't check BT yet).

System is HP Elitebook 840 G3, Win 7 pro.

HP Recommended

It worked perfectly, thank you very much! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.