Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I simply uninstalled HP Connection Manager. It is not needed and only just a type of gimmick that does nothing except to give that annoying error screen that does not get fixed with posts listed in this forum.

Maybe it works on Windows 10 but I stuck with Windows 7 on what is really a Windows 10 laptop purchased a few months ago that came with Windows 7 Pro installed with an optional (fully licensed) disc to install Windows 10 at perhaps a later date.

Why not Windows 10? Because it gave me too many headaches after initially getting the free upgrade on my previous 4 year old Windows 7 Pro laptop and that upgrade was riddled with bugs, blue screens, not shutting down and many more.

HP Recommended

I have had the same error messages on my HP Probook 450 G3 Windows 7 64-bit for some time and followed your advice faithfully, restarting after every step.

- Step 1: On installing the .net framework 3.5 sp 1 I had a message that it was not correctly installed and that I should retry with the recommended settings, which worked.

- Step 2: The HP Software Framework installed correctly.

- Step 3: The HP Connection Manager did not install correctly either and I also retried with the recommended settings option but then had a message that this software did not work on this system.

I obviously don't get the exasperating original error message anymore, which is nice, but I am a bit worried about the HP Connection Manager being needed at some point (perhaps in Windows 10, which also came with the laptop on DVD)?

Thanks in advance for your help!

HP Recommended

I have a HP Probook 470 G3 Windows 7 64 and uninstalled the Connection Manager. The quick launch section at bottom right of screen tells me what is connected. So why have additional bloat items that give annoying errors? Never had the problem again but you can always re-install it from HP Help and Support\HP Software Setup in All Programs section.

HP Recommended

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

I had also read and considered your previous post, but as a complete amateur I am a bit wary about discarding items as unnecessary that came with the hardware (I have had bad experience with this before). Also, I am not sure how I would be able to re-install it later on when it seems impossible to do so now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.