Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15 gw0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey good day everyone. Does anyone know a good app or how to move and or copy & paste my files I've had for years that suddenly Microcrap is forcing us to buy 365 Office or use the free version but you must use One Drive for it to work? Not only is this extortion & racketeering it's a total privacy violation and a productivity loss as well as burning up more data. I don't know about anyone else but I didn't ask or give my consent when I bought this new computer for them to take charge of my files . I'm learning Linux as fast as I can and Billy Goat Gates the functioning Austistic mad scientist can have his crap back and my covid vaxx. Thanks anyone if you can help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@1krazykyle 

I feel much the same way as you do about OneDrive and online Office -- as I have all my stuff, especially the sensitive information, stored ONLY locally and am not about to risk ID theft by making the idiot's mistake of sharing any of this in any kind of "cloud".  

As to moving the files -- are these all contained in OneDrive at present?  If they are, then the approach I would use is as follows:

1) Migrate all the files to local folders on your PC (I am not a OneDrive user, so you would have to do online research to find out HOW to do that).

2) Disable OneDrive on your PC:  (9) Enable or Disable OneDrive Integration | Tutorials (tenforums.com)

3) Turn off OneDrive file/folder backup on your PC:  (9) Turn On or Off OneDrive PC Folder Backup Protection in Windows 10 | Tutorials (tenforums.com)

4) Uninstall OneDrive from your PC: (9) Uninstall OneDrive in Windows 10 | Tutorials (tenforums.com)

Once you have done all of that, if you are using a PIN with a MSN account to login to your PC, you need to seriously consider switching to a local login: (9) Switch to Local Account in Windows 10 | Tutorials (tenforums.com)

Once you do these, MS will no longer have access to your files or to your account information.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@1krazykyle 

I feel much the same way as you do about OneDrive and online Office -- as I have all my stuff, especially the sensitive information, stored ONLY locally and am not about to risk ID theft by making the idiot's mistake of sharing any of this in any kind of "cloud".  

As to moving the files -- are these all contained in OneDrive at present?  If they are, then the approach I would use is as follows:

1) Migrate all the files to local folders on your PC (I am not a OneDrive user, so you would have to do online research to find out HOW to do that).

2) Disable OneDrive on your PC:  (9) Enable or Disable OneDrive Integration | Tutorials (tenforums.com)

3) Turn off OneDrive file/folder backup on your PC:  (9) Turn On or Off OneDrive PC Folder Backup Protection in Windows 10 | Tutorials (tenforums.com)

4) Uninstall OneDrive from your PC: (9) Uninstall OneDrive in Windows 10 | Tutorials (tenforums.com)

Once you have done all of that, if you are using a PIN with a MSN account to login to your PC, you need to seriously consider switching to a local login: (9) Switch to Local Account in Windows 10 | Tutorials (tenforums.com)

Once you do these, MS will no longer have access to your files or to your account information.

HP Recommended

Thank you for going out of your way to offer the great advice. I have nothing in the clouds but my eyes looking for our savior. I wouldn't want to imagine identity theft. I don't like giving apps permissions either so I don't use many.I don't tweet or face book I don't even like Google CIA Chrome. Thanks again and I'll be praying for you and all you love times are getting real badPOLITICIAN.png real fast . Have a wonderful day

HP Recommended

@1krazykyle 

Sorry, but you mentioned OneCloud, so I thought you were saving or synching files online.  Did not mean to be presumptive; just trying to offer advice.

Thank you for your prayers. Dominus vobiscum.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.