Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j101ni Notebook PCavilion 6530
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good Day

In 2019 I upgraded to Windows 10 (64-bit) and after upgrading, the fingerprint reader software was updated and working fine.  Recently, I noticed that my fingerprint reader was not working so I went online to look for a solution but could not find any so I proceeded to uninstall the software. 

I removed the Biometric Device (Validity Sensors) in 'Device Manager' and got the latest driver on the HP Support website.   I found an old version of HP SimplePass Identity Protection Software, (VERSION: 6.0.100.272 REV: A) that installed and worked but cannot be updated to the latest version, so I uninstalled that as well.

It seems that the driver is working fine but the problem is that I have no software installed now that will enable me to access websites with security i.e: banking websites.

I think the original program was "Omnipass" but I cannot install that on my Notebook.

Are there any suggestions on solving this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Frank_Tank

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Firstly,  download the most current version of HP SimplePass software please visit HP SimplePass Identity Protection Software

Next you must set up HP SimplePass before you can register any website accounts. Follow these steps to register a website account:

1. Open a web browser and navigate to a website where you have a password-protected account.

2. Log on with your username and password for the website account.

Sample secure login

An HP SimplePass screen displays.

3. Select an option for saving the website account information in HP SimplePass.

• To save the website and log on information for this website account in HP SimplePass, click Yes.

Remember this password

HP SimplePass displays the Remember this password? prompt each time you log on to a website account that is not registered in HP SimplePass.

• To have HP SimplePass register this account, as well as automatically register your other website accounts:

1. Click More options.

More options

2. Click Remember all sites.

More Options

HP SimplePass registers each website account automatically, the next time you log on to a website account.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Echo_lake

Thanks for your feedback.  I downloaded the latest version as advised, but the installation is unable to finish.  Please refer to the snips below that I received.  The installation seems to be having an issue with "OPSetupDll.dll"

Any further guidance would be appreciated, thanks!

Frank_Tank_0-1601539712511.png

Frank_Tank_1-1601539766943.png

Frank_Tank_2-1601539831184.png

Frank_Tank_3-1601539869178.png

Frank_Tank_4-1601539906993.png

HP Recommended

@Frank_Tank

Thank you for posting back. 

Since you have already tried most of the troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue,
I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.