Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 840 G6 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 11

Recently, I upgraded to Windows 11 but it seems there is no any compatible driver. There's one listed on HP support but it's compatible to Win 8 but  my device was pre-installed with Win 10. What fix should I consider?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

This is the latest W11 fingerprint driver I could find on your notebook's support page.

It indicates that the driver is supported for W11 and W10...

Driver - HP EliteBook 840 G6 Notebook PC | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

I installed that but didn't work, I guess it's the one compatible to Win 8. 

HP Recommended

Did you check the Windows 11 update application>advanced options>optional updates to see if there are any drivers waiting to be installed? 

HP Recommended

No drivers pending installation, and no biometrics driver shows in device manager.. How'd you set up Windows Hello?

HP Recommended

UUnfortunately, I don't know, and don't have any other suggestions for you to try. 

HP Recommended

Thanks anyway 👍

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry that I wasn't able to help you get the fingerprint device installed and working.

You may want to go back to Windows 10 until HP/Microsoft works the bugs out of W11 if you want to use the fingerprint device to log into Windows.

HP Recommended

Ok.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.