Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I forget the bios password for HP Probook 4530s. Can anyone help me to reset the BIOS administrator?

Much appreciated!

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

same problem here 

this is really annoying 

HP Recommended

Hi,

As this is a business class notebook, security is more stringent than consumer Models in so far as there are no 'backdoor' passwords etc.  Your best option would be to contact HP regarding this.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Sorry Hocus.

DPK is correct.

Sorry.

REO

HP Recommended

Really? Laptop is out-of-warranty and I'm not sure if I want to purchase a single incident support. I like business class laptop as they were built better.

Thanks for the replies. I'll look for some other alternatives. Not working right now from the laptop is quickweb and usb ports.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

There is someone that is replacing the BIOS chip.

It is already programed.

They will let me know how things work out.

Let everyone know how things go.

REO

HP Recommended

Do you know the thread URL for someone that is replacing the BIOS chip?

HP Recommended

AS.

Let me see if I can find it.

I'll post back when I find it.

REO 

HP Recommended

AS.

Found it but he is replacing it for a BIOS error.

This is the BIOS chip that you would order.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BIOS-PASSWORD-UNLOCK-hp-probook-4530s-/380461357082?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&ha...

You wuold need to clip the leads of the locked chip then use a soldering iron and tweasers to remove the legs that are still connected to the motherboard.

Then solder the new programed chip onto the motherboard.

REO

HP Recommended

I've set a password for my 4530s BIOS setting long time ago. But I only logged into BIOS for several times so I don't remember the password now. I can start my Win7, but can not go into BIOS and change BIOS setting.
Is there a way to reset/recover the password for BIOS setting ? I can't update my BIOS firmware without the password.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.