Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 convertible 15-w0
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi,

I bought a HP ENVY x360 convertible 15-w008ne in June 2016. it had windows 8 and now its updated to 8.1. at the time of purchase i was told that I can upgrade to windows 10. Just yesteday i opend up my new laptop and went online as instructed to web address www.hp.com/go/windows 10upgrade, and when on the page I am unable to find any instructions for the free upgrade in HP or Microsoft given links.

please advise

kind regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Unfortunately the time to upgrade to Windows 10 for free expired on July 29, 2016, now have to pay the license.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Unfortunately the time to upgrade to Windows 10 for free expired on July 29, 2016, now have to pay the license.

HP Recommended

Thanks Carlos,

HP Recommended

Hi again,

what's the best way to upgrade from windows 8.1 to 10.

any advise

HP Recommended

I will give my opinion, the first thing I would do is create a system image of the current installation of Windows 8.1, put her on an external hard drive:

HP PCs - Creating and Using a System Image

You could upgrade to Windows 10 even without a license, no problem with that, just have some minor limitations especially in customizing, start screen, locking etc.

The best way to do this is with Windows media creation tool:

http://www.windowscentral.com/use-media-creation-tool-update-windows10

HP Recommended

thanks for your advise Carlos.

will try this and will get back on a later date.

kind regards

HP Recommended

You're welcome :generic:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.