Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Hey guys, hope you are well.

About 4 days ago I contacted you guys about a freezing problem I was experiencing on my laptop each time I video called or used my webcam. I was advised to installed a Bios Update on my device, which I did, and the problem seemed to be gone, then yesterday, I video called and the problem seems to have come back. Do you have anything else I can try

Many Thanks

Chris Engels

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Chrise86 

I remember you...

Repeat:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Video-calls-freezing-laptop/m-p/84407...

When you have done everything again, please get back to us. We still need to do a rework so that the problem does not occur again.

HP Recommended

Hey guys

All the things you gave me to install seem to have worked.

Thank you so very much

HP Recommended

Hello @Chrise86 

<Windows Update> also updates your device drivers. That is the reason why it does not work after some time.

You can

(1) exclude a specific device from Windows driver updates or

(2) turn off driver updates for all devices.

I would recommend (2).

Please follow these instructions:

https://www.itechtics.com/disable-specific-driver-update/

See section <Prevent Automatic Driver Update in Windows> Using Group Policy

Please report your results

HP Recommended

Thank you so much bud.

I always thought that windows update updates drivers too, Dont know why mine doesn't. Will check settings

Once again, thank you so much for your help. Your help services are out of this world

HP Recommended

@Chrise86 wrote:

Thank you so much bud.

I always thought that windows update updates drivers too, Dont know why mine doesn't. Will check settings

Once again, thank you so much for your help. Your help services are out of this world

You're welcome

Check if settings and performance remain the same. Then come back after a certain time to mark the case as solved. Agree ?

Kind regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.