Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pro 610 Tablet
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have HP Pro 610 tablet with windows 10 pro  upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro. Now i want to install neet windows 10 pro and want to use windows 8.1 product key to activate the windows. Is it possible....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

arham1

Once you have activated Win10  on an Upgraded PC, that information is stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers.

This means that should you later reinstall the SAME VERSION of Win10 on the PC, it will automatically be reactivated by MS once you connect to the Internet.

By SAME VERSION, I mean Home vs. Pro -- as the activate codes are different for each of these versions.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

arham1

Once you have activated Win10  on an Upgraded PC, that information is stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers.

This means that should you later reinstall the SAME VERSION of Win10 on the PC, it will automatically be reactivated by MS once you connect to the Internet.

By SAME VERSION, I mean Home vs. Pro -- as the activate codes are different for each of these versions.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.