Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 15-dc0044nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, i was using my laptop hp omen 15, typing a lot, and then i noticed that fn key suddenly inverted itself. I didn't changed anything on the os. It's not the first time this happen and i'm really tired going on the bios everytime.
So i'm asking here what is the keys combination to enable/disable the function key?
tried all these but none worked:

fn + shift

fn + ctrl

fn + caps lock

fn + escape

fn + insert

And please don't say "there is no way without going to bios", if it inverted my itself then there is surely a way re-invert it without bios

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

How many times have you had to go into the BIOS to enable action keys mode?  If you don't have a Function Lock key on the keyboard, there is no method for switching it on/off without going into the BIOS.

It's possible that an update cleared the setting if this happens sparingly.

HP Recommended

I had this issue 4 times over the 2 years i have this hp omen laptop. I have a function key on by keyboard and in bios.
I don't think my laptop had any updates, because all windows updates are manual.
I didn't touched my laptop yesterday, but when i started my laptop today the function key fixed itself, but it's still frustrating that the function key invert by itself when restarting your laptop is not a possibility.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.