Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 17z-ca000 CTOExample: Pavilion 65XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

But my path includes statements such as C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32; etc

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@webbing 

Don't know what you're trying to do -- but "command" is not a recognized command.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

If you substitute "command" for ipconfig, or for ping then you have a standard response from Windows when it can not find the command. I have in my path the statements: C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32 as well as other paths to PowerShell etc. In any case thanks for your response.

HP Recommended

@webbing 

OK ... if the problem is that you are entering valid commands but Windows is not finding them, the problem is your path statement.

Here is my path:  

PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Windows\SYSTEM32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\WBEM;C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\WINDOWSPOWERSHELL\V1.0\;C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\ATI TECHNOLOGIES\ATI.ACE\CORE-STATIC;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Windows\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;

I put <username> in there in place of my actual username -- you would need your actual username.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I have included in my path the statements concerning the folder for the "commands" to be found, I refer at:C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32,  etc BTW here is my path:C:\Users\gabri>path
PATH="C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\V1.0;C:\Windows\System32\wbem;C:\Users\gabri\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37;C:\Users\gabri\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\Scripts\;";"C:\Java\jdk-13\bin\;";"C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\Users\gabri\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\Scripts\;";"C:\Users\gabri\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\;";"C:\Users\gabri\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\Users\gabri\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\;C:\Java\jdk-13\bin\;";

As you can see I have included those statements. My name is gabriel therefore the Users path goes through gabri. I really appreciate your help but it does not resolve the problem and HP wants money for what it looks like their problem. This machine is barely six months old.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.